To operate a Multicam Apex3R Vertical Axis CNC Router and perform various light industrial tasks to produce metal and plastic identification plates and tags.
The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly operate a Multicam Apex3R CNC Router, hydraulic shear, laminator and hand punches.
- Operate EZ Suite Software and EZ Control interface.
- Load parts onto the machine, cycle machine and detect malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Run customer specific small to large batch jobs and communicate with team members regarding production status.
- Perform all assigned machine shop operations.
- Detect and report nonconformance parts or questionable conditions to the Quality Manager.
- Perform regular CNC Router maintenance and ensure all safety procedures are being followed.
- Read prints of customer specifications and verify accuracy during production.
- Complete and maintain paperwork and software files for parts.
- Willing and able to work overtime based on workload.
- Keep a tidy and organized work station.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
- Technical degree in CNC programming or other related field.
- At least 1 year of previous CNC experience.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Strong computer skills and ability to troubleshoot.
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and approach to job and group responsibilities.
- Must be deadline oriented, able to prioritize tasks and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Able to multitask and be adaptable to changing priorities.
- Able to work independently and self-start projects once trained.
- Meticulous, punctual and reliable.
- Must be willing to learn new skills and take on a variety of job duties.
- Must have good eyesight to properly operate machines.
- Must be willing to participate in and support the innovations of a growing company.
- Must be willing to share knowledge and skills and train others to assist on projects.
- Must be willing to share improvement ideas and be active in problem solving.
To accomplish the essential functions of the position, one must be physically able to operate or work with computers, calculators, computer software applications, phones and other standard office equipment. The physical activities of the position include talking, reaching, grasping, light lifting, bending, squatting, and other repetitive motions. Must be able to work at a computer for an extended period of time. Must be able to work in a light manufacturing environment and able to operate machinery.
- Work is performed mainly in a light manufacturing environment with limited exposure to environmental factors.
- Eye protection and necessary PPE provided by the Company.
- Steel toes are not required, only close-toed shoes.
- Some, limited safety hazards exist due to operation of machinery in a light manufacturing environment.
- Work hours are 3:00pm-1:00am Monday-Thurs. Mandatory overtime may be required occasionally.
- Temperature controlled heat/AC environment.
- Clean and organized production shop due to on-going 5S efforts.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF POSITION DESCRIPTIONS
This position description is intended to cover the most significant aspects of the position. There may be additional responsibilities assigned beyond those stated in this position description. The company reserves the right to modify the role, responsibilities, requirements and position status as compliance regulations or business needs dictate.
Position descriptions assist the company in assuring the hiring process is administered fairly and qualified candidates are selected. They are essential to effective performance management and compensation systems.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the team member or others or which would impose undue hardship on the company. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The company maintains its status as an at-will employer and employment separations can occur for any reason not prohibited by law.
Employee signature below constitutes the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.