APPLETON, WI. (April 18, 2022) – STRYKER has been selected as a finalist in the small-sized business category for the 33rd Annual Manufacturer of the Year (MOTY) Awards.
Nicole Swanton, STRYKER president and owner, stated “We are honored to be chosen as a finalist amongst a list of fellow high-standing manufacturers. I already had immense pride in my team, so this just proves our team’s commitment and dedication to each other and STRYKER.”
The finalists showcase the strength and vibrancy of the manufacturing sector that sustains high-wage, family-supporting careers. Manufacturing is the backbone of Wisconsin, contributing over $63 billion to the state’s economy and employing roughly 480,000 people.
Dean Katch, business development manager at STRYKER, said “We are excited and honored to be one of the five finalists in the small business category. To be considered as one of the top small manufacturers in Wisconsin reflects a great credit to the STRYKER team, past and present. Building market knowledge, credibility and trust for 62 years exemplifies the STRYKER company creed – Made To Last.”
The MOTY program is sponsored by Baker Tilly, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP and Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce. The award recognizes the state’s top manufacturers of all sectors and sizes for their commitment to quality careers, good business practices, financial growth, innovative processes and reinvestment into local communities.
Twenty-six finalists were selected. Grand Award winners will be announced in four categories based on company size at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee on May 19.
The 33st Annual Manufacturer of the Year Award finalists are:
Small Category (1-99 employees)
- Centrifuge-Systems, LLC – Kenosha
- Colby Metal, Inc. – Colby
- Federal Tool & Engineering LLC – West Bend
- Industrial Nameplate, Inc. D.B.A. STRYKER – Appleton
- Wisconsin Lighting Lab, Inc. – Fond du Lac
Medium Category (100-249 employees)
- ASYST Technologies LLC – Kenosha
- Minnesota Wire – Eau Claire
- Muza Sheet Metal Co – Oshkosh
- Octopi Brewing LLC – Waunakee
- Orion Energy Systems – Manitowoc
- Redline Plastics LLC – Manitowoc
- Winsert Inc. – Marinette
Large Category (250-499 employees)
- Appvion, LLC – Appleton
- Custom Fabricating & Repair, Inc. – Marshfield
- Empire Screen Printing, Inc – Onalaska
- MGS Mfg. Group Inc. – Germantown
- Modine Manufacturing Company – Racine
- Teel Plastics, Inc – Baraboo
Mega Category (500+ employees)
- Amcor Flexibles North America – Oshkosh
- Brakebush Brothers Inc. – Westfield
- Eaton Corporation – Menomonee Falls
- ETE Reman – Milwaukee
- Green Bay Packaging Inc. – Green Bay
- Hydrite Chemical Co – Brookfield
- Kapco Inc. – Grafton
- Mercury Marine – Fond du Lac
STRYKER is a third-generation, woman-owned small business that specializes in industrial nameplates and durable workwear. Since 1960, they have manufactured industrial data plates, nameplates, tags, labels, panel fronts, graphic overlays and decals for some of the top aviation, marine, defense vehicle and heavy equipment manufacturers in the country. They also specialize in durable customized workwear with in-house screen printing and embroidery services. STRYKER is the only Certified Metalphoto Convertor in the state of Wisconsin. ISO 9001:2015 certification proves they are serious about quality and consistently strive to provide products that meet customer and regulatory requirements along with unmatched customer service. For additional information, please visit strykertough.com.
If you would like more information, please contact:
Carly Fuller, [email protected]